Thursday 31 March 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge Number 29

This weeks challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is to make a card for Mothers Day or For A Special Lady.

049_crop

Here is my card – bright and simple. I have made this type pf card before a couple of times and it is something that I really enjoy doing. The tree trunks are hand cut from brown card stock and I took advantage of a circle pattern on an odd piece of Crate Paper to make the tree tops. The birds are stamped onto yellow paper with an Inkidinkadoo stamp and the bunting is stamped onto a piece of stripy My Minds Eye paper with a set of Banana Frog stamps that I won. this is the first time that I have used the stamps but I rather like them so I am sure that I will be using them again soon. I have also decorated the inside again.

050

I used my favourite Woodware Chippies as a template to make the centre piece and added more birds and bunting here as well.

I had barely finished this card when hubby said “That’s nice! Can I have it for my mum?” – so it will be going to a good home.

1 comment:

gayle said...

Lovely card Jeannie. The little birds with the bunting is so cute. x