Thursday 10 March 2011

Creative Scrappers–sketch 146

This week I’ve been painting, sanding and tearing paper but on a larger scale than usual as we are decorating our stairs because we have a new carpet being fitted on Monday – so sadly this week my craft room  has been a bit neglected by me. I have however made a layout for the Creative Scrappers challenge doing 10 minutes here and there.

001crop

The paper started like this;

images

…but I decided it was a bit too bright so I knocked the colour back by dry brushing the paper with white acrylic paint. The paper is Sandylion Boardwalk and the paper under the photos is Sea Glass by K & Co. The circle sentiments are Sandylion stamps which I stamped with black Stazon on to acetate – I wasn’t brave enough to stamp straight on to the paper.

005crop

For the title I stamped onto Woodware chippies using a Kaisercraft stamp which looks like bubble wrap.

004crop

I’m not entirely happy with the title – I think that it doesn’t really stands out enough – more experimenting needed I think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm digging the subdued, calm nature feel. Thanks for cluing me into the stamp on your title, too! It looks like a fun one.