Wednesday 16 March 2011

Keeping It Simple

It goes without saying that Japan has been in all our thoughts over the last week and that must be my inspiration for the Japanese Cherry Blossom on my card for Scrapbook Sisters 27th card challenge.

002

I used my Basic Grey Grow A Garden stamp to stamp the branch on to the pale blue cardstock with brown Memento inkpad. I then punched 9 flowers from white cardstock with a Woodware 1” flower punch and then punched the pink centres with a little Tonic punch that was free with a magazine. I used an embossing tool to shape the white flowers and the pink centres then I added a few lines with a sparkly gel pen.

004

After layering the blue onto black cardstock I stamped Happy Birthday with my favourite Papermania greeting and again mounted it on to black.

This was a really quick card to make and I have already made a second one as a thank you card.

1 comment:

Vicki Fraser said...

Your flowers look really effective with the shaping and the black matting always makes things stand out and look fab.