Wednesday 25 May 2011

Row, row, row your boat

Oh my goodness I really found this one a challenge. I really couldn’t think of what to make for this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Challenge with the theme “Row, row, row your boat”.  The only boat stamps I have are not the sort of thing that you would row.

Time for a re-think! I started by cutting a boat out of cardstock and then when I looked in my stamps for something to put in the boat to row it and I found my old friend the Hobby Arts bear. He has often helped me out of a sticky situation when I’ve been short on inspiration.

001a

I deliberately kept the card simple and unfussy.I used a scrap of American Crafts paper for the background, turquoise vellum with a torn edge for the water. I hand cut the oar and cut the fishes out of some Cosmo Cricket paper.

What can you make for this weeks challenge?

P.S. sorry this post is a bit late. My laptop caught a nasty little bug but it’s much better now!

1 comment:

gayle said...

Lovely card Jeannie. He's a lovely bear. The use of the vellum is very effective.x