Thursday 7 May 2009

Basic Grey Challenge 33

The challenge this week is a colour combo challenge – black and grey +1. Well. I chose my +1 to be lilac and here it is……..

basic grey challenge crop2

I used black cardstock for my card base and then added a piece of Scarlett’s Letter – Fate for my grey layer. I embossed a smaller piece of black Core’dinations with by Cuttlebug and sanded it back to reveal the lilac core. I layered this onto lilac Bazzil cardstock and dampened and rolled the edges of it. I love this Gorguss Girl stamp which I coloured with my lovely set of Derwent watercolour pencils in a little wooden box which DH gave me at Christmas. I didn’t have any lilac flowers so I used the watercolour pencils to change cream ones to lilac. After some lace and a charm from my stash the card was done.

I am really enjoying taking part in Basic Grey Challenges and it pushes my creativity. This card even prompted a hug from DH – he must have been impressed!!!

3 comments:

June Houck said...

Adorable :) I love purple. Good luck with the challenge.

Totty Teabag said...

Love the colour combination, and your "colouring in" is perfect.

Chris said...

Beautiful card Jeannie and I love your choice for the third colour. Great colouring of the sweet image and the design is wonderful. Glad you could join us at BG this week. Chris :)