Wednesday 13 April 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Challenge–Wedding Card

The theme this week for the challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is Wedding/Anniversary. I think this is probably only the second wedding card that I have ever made in many years of card making. The last wedding that I went to was my sisters wedding about 10 years ago and at the time I was new to card making and not confident enough to make a card so I bought a card – that probably was the last card that I did buy though.

002_crop

I used a pearlescent card for the base which I made into my favourite square card. I then stamped and embossed in Silver Detail Embossing Powder using the Stampendous Ruffled Bloom stamp again. I used it here last week for another card challenge. I cut out the 3 flowers. The first I used flat on the card, the second I cut the petals nearer the centre and used a ball tool to give it some shaping and on the last flower I only cut out the centre which I shaped again with a bool tool and attached with a foam pad. I also added a little Glamour Dust to the petals but I’m not sure that it really shows up in the photo. The centre of the card is one of the die cut shapes which are now selling in the shop, stuck onto some silver self adhesive card which I hand cut to give a silver border. Lastly I added some pretty silver peel-off corners. The greeting was cut on the Cricut , again with the self adhesive silver card.

005

I didn’t neglect the inside of the card with another flower stamped off the page and embossed again in silver and then I repeated the die cut shape as on the front of the card.

1 comment:

Sue U said...

Such an elegant card Jeannie!! Love that flower , it's so versatile :-)

Sue xx