Friday 18 March 2011

Flapper Girl

I have been intending to scrap these photos for a while now but the colours on the original photos weren’t good as they were taken inside at night and they looked very yellow. Using the very useful Picassa program I converted them to sepia which looks much better and quite appropriate for the photos.

002

I used Jenny Bowlin papers which I have been stroking for far too long and needed to be used! I used a Martha Stewart punch and an EK Success punch to make the two punched strips and then added a strip of lace with blue gems in the centre. I bought the gems from Poundland and they vary in size these being the smallest – the rest are red and dark blue and a bit gaudy The flowers are Prima and the alphabet stickers are American Crafts.The layout is made from this weeks sketch at Creative Scrappers.

I would like to enter it for the following challenges;

Creative Scrappers – sketch

Southern Girls – flowers

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Jeannie,you are so clever,I just love this layout,I can see why those papers needed stroking:) and doesn't Holly look fabulous! thanks for the email earlier. Glad you chose to share your page with the Southern Girls. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhh WOW!!!!! I just absolutely adore your Title Leannie- my Grandad used to use that term- Flapper, he was from Hull in England. A beautiful LO! Thak you for joining in at Southern Girls

Hugz, Deb