Sunday 20 February 2011

Shimelle’s Weekly Sketch

Here is the sketch this week at Shimelle’s blog. I don’t know how she manages to keep blogging from around the world on her travels when some weeks fly past  and I haven’t blogged at all.

1852

Here is my layout

001

 

The photos show Matt at about 15 months old on his first real trip to the beach. He didn’t like the feel of the sand between his toes and we had to carry him across the sand to the waters edge to paddle. We were camping in the New Forest with family and friends, the weather was hot and sunny and it is a holiday that I look back on with many happy memories – even though everyone likes to remind me of how frightened I was of the hedgehogs that came into our tent at night. I know!!!!…….hedgehogs! but they are my one phobia……give me spiders any day!

The die cut paper is from Making Memories Flutter Collection. I used Bazzil Just The Edge borders and embellished the butterfly border with butterflies punched with the Woodware butterfly punch and a couple of gems on each one. I also added a collection of smaller butterflies at the top of the page. The alphas are Doodlebug and the journaling tab is American Crafts which was my bargain purchase at TK Maxx last week at £2 for the booklet of journaling stickers.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is so lovely Jeannie,I have that paper left from a class kit,I keep being tempted to cut into it but it seems wasteful for a card. Hope you're having a great weekend despite the lousy weather Julie.x
p.s. I've just discovered that Feline Playful have also started listing Scrapbooking challenges:)