Wednesday 2 February 2011

Red, Red, Red………..

……that’s the theme at this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Now red is usually I colour that I usually reserve for my card making for my Christmas Cards so this was a bit of a different one for me. My starting point was my Gayle Bond Fashion House stamp as I thought that this classy lady would definitely wear red!  I have the original clear stamp but all Gayle’s Fashion House stamps are now available as digi stamps see here.

Instead of using Copics to colour as I usually do i have used my Adirondak ink pads to paint with using techniques that I learned a couple of years at Gayle’s Painting and Shading class.

001

I added an adhesive pearl border and also another small pearl as a ring and a larger one as an embellishment on the dress.

002

I also added a couple of die-cuts to decorate the inside of the card.

003

The paper I used was from my scrap drawer and is from My Minds Eye.

Have a look at the Scrapbook Sisters Blog to join the challenge.

2 comments:

Sue U said...

Fabulous card, love her coloured in Adirondak inks - looks really effective. Great idea with the pearls too :-)
Sue xx

Julie said...

Such a classy card Jeannie,I love your layout,works so well with the punched panel,I love it.x