Wednesday 1 June 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge–week 38

002

The theme this week is “A Man’s World”so this is one that I made with my dad in mind. He loves the sea and the coast as much as I do and as he and mum are off on their hols at the weekend I am sure that he is thinking about a trip to the beach too!

I used a Hobby Art stamp that was an auction site bargain but I must admit that it is a bit smaller than I had imagined – there is nothing quite like going to the shop to feel (carefully of course!)the goods before you buy them.

I stamped in Denim Blue Adirondack ink and then used a damp brush to pull out some of the colours from the stamping to shade the sea. I also used Cloudy Blue Adirondack in to paint in some clouds but they seem to have faded away in this photograph!

I used a little scrap of paper which reminds me of pebbles on the beach and stamped a border with Denim Blue again using a Penny Black stamp. I finished it off with a button and 2 tiny tags punched with one of the tiny Woodware orange punches and some faux with stitching around the edge.

If you leave a comment I will do my best to visit your blog too although I am getting quite frustrated that blogger still appears to be behaving badly!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely Jeannie,I've never owned Adirondack inks but feel the need,you have done such gorgeous things using yours,sometimes the old Copics are too strong for a project,but this looks so perfect. Have sent you an email regarding blogger probs,hope it helps,Julie.x

Sue U said...

Love the colours of your card Jeannie, great stamp, really unusual :-) Sue xx