Wednesday 13 October 2010

Flower Power

The theme for this weeks challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is Flower Power – now you would think that would be an easy theme but I really struggled making my card this week! – but here it is;

002

And a close-up;004

After initially struggling with this card I am now quite ploeased with it – I made the centre part of it and then left it overnight to think about it and finished it off in the morning.

The flowers and leaves are all punched and then shaped with my new tool the Papermania Petal Elegance Shaping Tools - the centre of the yellow flower is actually a little starfish punch but seemed to do the job! The card is made entirely from cardstock - the greeting is a Cuttlebug diecut and the filigree corners are a Sizzlet diecut.

I first learnt to make paper flowers at one of the first Scrapbook Sisters scrapbooking classes when Karen make a lovely double page layout covered with punched flowers and it’s a useful technique that I often use.

Lastly, thanks to Sue who let me know that my post about owls fitted the Little Red Wagon challenge, so late yesterday evening I entered the challenge and added a note to my blog post. This morning when I checked my computed I realised that I have been featured on the Little Red Wagon blog!

2 comments:

Sue U said...

Lovely card Jeannie, very floral!!

Well done on being featured on the LRW challenge too :-)

Sue xx

Julie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggled,how stupid is that when a majority of the cards we make have flowers on! I so love the sizzlet corners,such a great card! X