Sunday 21 June 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge and Fathers Day

I'm really enjoying participating in several challenges. It pushes me on to make cards which I probably wouldn't do unless it was for a birthday or Fathers Day etc. and gives me the opportunity to use colour combinations or designs that previously I haven't used.

The challenge for this weeks Mojo Monday is to use this sketch;

Mojo91Sketch

And here is the card that I have made for this weeks challenge

 

21st June 2008 002

I have used Basic Grey Wisteria papers, a Penny Black stamp which was embossed with silver pearl embossing powder (I really wanted clear but couldn't find it! -  but I'm happy with the result) There is a little piece of paper ribbon, that I inked to match across the middle of the card. The butterfly is made from two sizes of Woodware punch with a little Liquid Pearl in the middle. The stamped greeting is from a set of free stamps on Creativity magazine and seems to end up on most of my cards at the moment.

After initially lacking inspiration for Fathers Day cards I did a Google Image search and found a star design which I have copied in two different ways for my dad and my father in law.

18th June 2008 066

18th June 2008 068

2 comments:

karen said...

Lovely cards Jeannie. Bet both Dads were thrilled.

vicky said...

Love these cards Jeannie x